Star Trek Beyond Trailer Impressions

The ST : Beyond trailer dropped a few days before the wide release of SW: The Force Awakens.

I thought it was a nice break form the dark tone of ST:ID- and I think that was the point. The music : Beastie Boys, Sabotage hearkens back to ST 2009, it adds a nice playful aspect to the trailer. The Bones/Spock dynamic plays well in the trailer and enlists a nice chuckle.

It appears the Enterprise is once again destroyed/incapacitated and the crew is split up on a alien planet. My guess is that a Alien entity brings trespassers into its space to this planet for some sort of purge...

 A new martial arts wielding female alien character is prominent as a ally. Edris Elba's character is revealed as Jen'Hadar like alien. Big mistake in my opinion to cover up Idris Elba in prosthetic and make up- Elba shines a as actor and covering him up diminishes the Gravitas he brings. We will see...

This article gives me hope for the Film: Pegg interview from ST: Beyond. 

I think the trailer was made for the SW audience, and I saw it play before SW. It did get some good reactions from the crowd.


Comments

Popular Posts